"The new world of Technology and open source collaboration and innovation"
Recently, a number of best practices and new technologies have emerged, designed to facilitate the development of complex systems. These experiments, funded by companies such as Google and Amazon, have made it possible to envision and design the computer systems of tomorrow. They are based around several different concepts and technologies:
- Microservice architectures: simplifying systems by dividing them into small functionalities
- Event sourcing: making services independent from one another so that they each have their own life cycle
- Containerisation: isolating services at operating system level
- API management: facilitating inter-service communication
- Big Data processing: deploying specialized infrastructures to extract maximum value from all accumulated data.
- This is an opportunity to join a company that is rapidly investing in a modern infrastructure in which to implement these concepts and technologies. The technological leap between past and future systems is a significant one, and the gap between players who have invested in this area and those who have not is growing day by day.
Would you be interested in a long term consulting role in this leading financial Services group based in Tokyo with offices in London and NYC?
This firm identifies through 3 business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking)
They offer a competitive professional day rate for a solid Senior Java Engineer.
They are seeking a Senior Java Engineer in their Credit Electronic Markets Technology department in their NYC location.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be part of a growing technology team building an electronic offering for a new and enthusiastic trading team.
You will be developing high performance components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.
They are a focused and user oriented development team operating in New York. A ground-up review of the credit business has led to demand for dedicated developers to support an expansion of the electronic credit franchise at this firm, including development of a cross-product RFQ engine to consolidate a range of existing systems.
You are a confident and self-motivating senior Java developer with a deep understanding of fixed income electronic markets. You are client focused and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders from across the investment bank. You are at home developing in a small self-organising team and value user feedback within an agile development process. You can manage expectations effectively and have a demonstrable track record of owning delivery of a high profile product to demanding business users. You are familiar with the credit market, both cash and derivatives, and understand the value of an intuitive, robust and reliable system to a trading desk.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
· Proven experience in senior financial services development roles
· Excellent business knowledge covering core fixed income products
· Advanced Java server development skillset with understanding of core Java, design patterns, multithreading, IPC and coding for performance on the JVM
· Credit business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
· Considerable B2C (RFQ) experience, including integration with Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
· Object oriented design and development, design patterns
· Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco, DB2. SQLServer)
· Auxillary development process skillset (SVN, Maven etc)
· Agile processes & practices. e.g. Scrum