"The new world of Technology and open source collaboration and innovation"
Recently, a number of best practices and new technologies have emerged, designed to facilitate the development of complex systems. These experiments, funded by companies such as Google and Amazon, have made it possible to envision and design the computer systems of tomorrow. They are based around several different concepts and technologies:
- Microservice architectures: simplifying systems by dividing them into small functionalities
- Event sourcing: making services independent from one another so that they each have their own life cycle
- Containerisation: isolating services at operating system level
- API management: facilitating inter-service communication
- Big Data processing: deploying specialized infrastructures to extract maximum value from all accumulated data.
- This is an opportunity to join a company that is rapidly investing in a modern infrastructure in which to implement these concepts and technologies. The technological leap between past and future systems is a significant one, and the gap between players who have invested in this area and those who have not is growing day by day.
Financial Investment is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Department & Team Profile:
Operations & Compliance Technology (OCT) comprises of functionally functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology serves the global transaction requirements span OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. Frank and CSA), Europe (e.g. MiFID I and EMIR), and Asia (e.g. JFSA the firm's current regulatory obligations and on regulatory obligations and on future regulatory obligations (e.g. MIFID II)
Position Description: Java Developer – Transaction Reporting – Operations Technology
They offer a competitive professional day rate for a solid Senior Java Engineer.
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a senior Java of a global team, which also has presence in Glasgow, Mumbai, and that are critical to the business and solving problems:
You Must have: Considerable B2C (RFQ) experience, including integration with Tradeweb, Bloomberg, MarketAxess
• You will be part of a dynamic team building systems that are critical regulatory environment.
• You will work primarily as a Java developer as part of a collaborative
• You will be required to liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders
• You will develop functionality in an iterative fashion, liaising the scrum team
• You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality where necessary.
• Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
• 5+ years Core Java.
• Unix shell scripting.
• SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2.
• Integration technologies – MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring.
• Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF design
• Build & agile – Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GlT/• Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Experience in banking and regulatory reporting (CTFC, EMIR, Dodd
• Knowledge of OTC, listed and cash products
• Domain driven design and micro-services experience