Equities Electronic Trading Risk Associate
90-130k base plus big bonus as this role sits with the business side
Candidates must have Electronic Trading.
New York-New York-1585 Broadway – 
: Investment Banking/Sales/Trading/Research
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha. The Equity Financing Products department acts as a strategic partner to more than 800 top hedge fund managers: executing and clearing trades across asset classes, time zones, and currencies; providing financing and expertise to help manage risk and benefit from technology; and consults to help launch new funds and connect with them potential investors.
Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) is a Business Unit risk team responsible for understanding and mitigating the business and regulatory risks of electronic trading of cash equities and listed derivatives.
ETRM covers electronic trading activities across IED globally, including but not limited to the MSET agency execution platform, Delta One structured products, Programs trading, Electronic Market Making, etc.
ETRM is a highly analytical team that works directly with a diverse set of stakeholders including:
Product Management, Sales and Trading, Legal and Compliance, Technology, Operations, Desk Strategists, Quantitative Research and Clients.
ETRM is tasked with ownership of the following:
– Ownership and supervision of front-office trading limits controls and systems
– Program management of high-risk / high-complexity cross-IED electronic trading initiatives
– Real-time and ongoing trading desk coverage as it relates to trading limits and electronic trading regulatory risks
– Providing electronic trading subject matter expertise and risk oversight as it relates to:
o Existing electronic trading product risk management coverage
o Algorithm development risk management
o New product development and trade flows.
– Business product management of front office regulatory reporting (OATS, ATS Transparency, 605, 606, equity TRF, etc.)
A successful candidate for this role will have:
– 2-3+ years of experience in a role with direct exposure to trading of equities and/or listed derivatives
– Experience with electronic trading technologies and concepts, e.g. FIX messaging, market micro-structure, regulatory rules, market data, and data analytic scripting languages (e.g. Python/Perl/Q)
– Hands-on development and/or business analysis experience with business intelligence systems, data warehousing, enterprise system integration, and data modeling
– Strong analytical background
– Strong project management skills
– Strong communication skills