The 'Marketlinks' implementation specialists work to deliver infrastructure projects for the Investment Bank’s execution, market data and client connectivity platforms. You will deliver mandatory or business driven change of the highest quality to external venues including Stock Exchanges and clients across multiple asset classes.
Description of Area –
Corporate Center – The Corporate Center ensures that our business divisions operate as a coherent and effective whole by providing and managing support and control functions for the business divisions and the Group including risk management and control (including compliance), finance and legal. It also provides all logistics and support functions including operations, information technology, human resources, corporate development, regulatory relations and strategic initiatives, communications and branding, corporate real estate and administrative services, procurement, offshoring and treasury services such as funding, balance sheet and capital management.
Description of team –
The 'Marketlinks' team are a global team with presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Numbering approx. 15 persons globally we are a relatively small team within the Investment Bank (IB) IT function and are comprised of functional and technical specialists in exchange connectivity, network and server infrastructure. The team is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment, interacting daily with the business and a broad spectrum of IT and support teams.
- Translate business and IT requirements for new venues / upgrades into technical change within the:
- Server estate – New servers, server interfaces, patching, routing
- Network – New leased lines, cross connects, firewall / Switch / Load balancer changes
- Application – New I.P / ports or login credentials
- Coordinate technical change with internal and external teams at stock exchanges, carriers and client
- Work with the aligned network teams to make key decisions on the design of the network architecture
- Educate and provide 3rd level support to the production services team.
- Manage and assist the packaging of stock exchange and 3rd party vendor GUI.
– Experience working with stock exchanges and managing trading and market data infrastructures
– Strong Unix skills (especially Linux)
– Strong network skills
– Strong focus on ownership of tasks and commitment to completing deliveries in a timely manner
– Excellent communication skills to interface with business sponsors, clients and third parties.