Work Location: 700 College Road East, Princeton, New Jersey
Job Title: IT – Business Analyst (Front Office Trading) 3
Job Description: FX FIX Engineer
Good technical skills, Good communication skills, good problem solving and analytical skills.
Analyze data processing problems for electronic data processing systems. Responsible for supporting and maintaining FIX connections for electronic trading for Equities and rolling program for new client connections. Liaise with external Order Management System (OMS) vendors, Network Vendors and Electronic Trading Desk to ensure priorities are defined and issues are tracked. Support all DMA and Algorithmic trading flow across multiple asset classes. Support FIX systems and Order Routing Infrastructure. Analyze and research new functionalities. Resolve issues and liaise with various IT support groups, development groups and external vendors to ensure quick problem resolution. Provide management support for FIX infrastructure to identify problems before clients are affected. Perform testing of QA environment for clients. Liaise with vendors regarding FIX specifications and configurations supported. Configure UAT FIX systems and complete tests. Utilize SQL , Unix and any scripting skills
Minimum Job Requirements (education, experience, licenses, etc): Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Engineering (any), Math or a related field of study or related experience. 1 years of experience in FIX Certification, FIX Onboarding, support of FIX and/or Order Management Systems, Unix, Perl, SQL and/or software configuration management.
Certify Configure and Support FIX connections to clients for the purpose of Electronic Trading. Manage a rolling program of new Clients connections – this will involve:
• Close liaison with the external OMS vendors, Network Vendors and Electronic Trading Desk to ensure priorities are defined and issues are tracked.
• Support all DMA and Algorithmic trading flow across multiple asset classes.
• Direct support of FIX systems and Order Routing Infrastructure.
• Analyze and Research the new functionalities required.
• Liaise with Development and/or the external Vendors to uncover root causes of issues.
• Own issues and liaise with various IT Support groups, Development groups and external vendors as appropriate to ensure quick problem resolution.
• Proactive management of the FIX infrastructure to identify problems before clients are affected.
• Testing with Clients in QA environment where needed.
• Liaise with the Vendors with regard to the FIX specifications/configurations supported.
• Configure the UAT FIX systems and complete emergency tests.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.