Database/Data Federation Developer Either Jr VP level or Sr associate
The Institutional Securities Technology Division of Morgan Stanley is looking for a strong database developer to join a global data federation team working on an exciting and challenging project. We design and implement a data federation layer on a large number of databases, which consist of trade data from various business lines (Equities, FID, FX, etc), across multiple systems in the firm (Equities Front Office trading, Booking, Finance, and Risk), and databases on different technologies (DB2, Sybase, Greenplum, Teradata). The layer supports various user groups in the firm, such as business reporting, regulatory reporting, operations, and finance.
The role has the unique opportunity to design and develop a strategic federation platform from the start. The candidate will work with various users across IT, Operations, and BU to build out the platform. Candidate should have solid relational database knowledge, strong interest and experience with large, highly accessed databases and Data Warehouses/Data Marts.
Major responsibilities include:
• Member of the core team to design and implement the data federation layer architecture;
• Work with data users to gather requirement and onboard them to the layer;
• Work with users to analyze and optimize query performances
• 5+ years of experiences working with large databases;
• Solid understanding of relational databases, DB2/UDB , SQL, stored procedure, and query tuning;
• Good communication skills. Ability to work in a dynamic changing environment;
• Ability to learn new technology and understand data.
• Experience with Cisco Information Server (Composite) is a plus.
• Finance domain background is a plus