Senior Machine Learning Developer / Data Engineer
we face unique data crunching challenges. We try to make sense of millions of instant messages per day to reveal the financial information hidden within them. This requires a high caliber machine learning engineer to implement next generation algorithms and infrastructure for processing it.
This person will be involved in all aspects of software development, from new application features to performance tuning, but the emphasis will be on data driven, statistical methodologies. An ideal candidate will be comfortable scaling their models to distributed, real time production environments within practical timeframes.
We expect the person who will be successful in this role will have at least 3 years of experience with a systems language such as Java or Scala, but can also switch to data analysis using R, Python, Matlab, or similar types of tools when necessary. We mix object oriented design and functional idioms as needed, so we require open minded thinkers that look beyond the standard programming practices to accomplish problems in unique, elegant ways.
Autonomy is important, so potential candidates should have a strong sense of ownership and be able to exercise independent judgment as well as collaborate effectively to execute urgent goals in our fast paced environment.
• Machine learning and analysis of numeric and text based data
• Product development of instant messaging based financial software
• Infrastructure development supporting online data driven systems
• Establish processes for managing and improving data models
• Superb machine learning and statistics background
• Expertise in multithreaded, concurrent programming
• 3-5+ years of recent server-side software development
• Solid knowledge developing, testing, and scaling distributed systems
• Hands on experience with distributed middleware technologies (such as Coherence or Hazelcast)
• Financial services experience, derivatives and option pricing know-how
• Experience with Hadoop, Mahout, or Spark
• Immutable, statically typed functional programming (eg. Scala / OCaml / Haskell)
• Linux / Unix operating system familiarity ***
Midtown, New York
To complete the application please provide the following:
- Resume in ms word.doc format
- Current and desired base salary and bonus?
- Visa expiration dates if applicable to your employment?
As an addendum to the resume, for the hiring manager to review, please provide additional insights regarding:
- machine learning and statistics background
- server-side software, multithreaded, concurrent programming in Java or Scala
- data analysis using R, Python, Matlab