"The new world of Technology and open source collaboration and innovation"
Recently, a number of best practices and new technologies have emerged, designed to facilitate the development of complex systems. These experiments, funded by companies such as Google and Amazon, have made it possible to envision and design the computer systems of tomorrow. They are based around several different concepts and technologies:
- Microservice architectures: simplifying systems by dividing them into small functionalities
- Event sourcing: making services independent from one another so that they each have their own life cycle
- Containerisation: isolating services at operating system level
- API management: facilitating inter-service communication
- Big Data processing: deploying specialized infrastructures to extract maximum value from all accumulated data.
- This is an opportunity to join a company that is rapidly investing in a modern infrastructure in which to implement these concepts and technologies. The technological leap between past and future systems is a significant one, and the gap between players who have invested in this area and those who have not is growing day by day.
The Corporate and Post-Trade Technology (CPT) Wealth Investment Management team is looking for a highly skilled, motivated, innovative Java developer with breadth and depth of technology skills and strong Computer Science background to help develop and integrated different system components varying from in house to vendor systems. The candidate should be able to handle the full life-cycle of the project from requirements analysis to final implementation and rollout into production and also have outstanding communication skills.
The candidate will be involved but not limited to:
– Java custom code to integrate vendor packages software with various in house data sources using services.
– Create and maintain backend services to interact with other non-Java applications based on pre-established contract agreements.
– Relevant experience 5+ years
– Strong proficiency with core Java
– Strong Oriented designed and Architecture experience
– Comfortable XML/Soap Experience
– Experience with an automation script such as AutoSys, UNIX shell, Perl or Python is preferred
– Familiar with Relational Database such as Oracle, Sybase or DB2
– Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
– OLAP Technology (Jasper, Essbase or other)