Senior Core Java Software Engineer
- Brokerage platform development — front and/or back-end, depending on experience.
- Back end: Core Java. Data model and transport layers. Multithreaded/high throughput. XML.
- Work on one of the core brokerage processes that deals with user authentication to access trading, account management and other customer applications.
- Adding new features and interfaces that deal with user authentication.
- Work on expanding second factor authentication offering.
- Bachelor’s in EE, CS, Math, Physics or similar (Masters/PhD a plus).
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- 5+ years' Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Working with Database development sql and PL/SQL is a plus.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBKR) is an automated electronic broker and market maker in equities, options, futures, bonds and foreign exchange around the world. With over $15 billion in market capitalization, IBKR trades 9% of the listed equity options volume worldwide, executing, clearing, settling and accounting for over one million trades per day. IBKR employs approximately 1,200 people and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Interactive Brokers (“IB”) is the largest U.S. broker, measured by trades, offering direct-access electronic trade execution and clearing for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IB serves more than 370 thousand customers in trading securities, commodities and foreign exchange in 23 currencies on over 100 market centers in 24 countries around the world. The firm leverages highly automated systems it builds for all aspects of its business to maintain a low cost base as the business expands.