"The new world of Technology and open source collaboration and innovation"
Recently, a number of best practices and new technologies have emerged, designed to facilitate the development of complex systems. These experiments, funded by companies such as Google and Amazon, have made it possible to envision and design the computer systems of tomorrow. They are based around several different concepts and technologies:
- Microservice architectures: simplifying systems by dividing them into small functionalities
- Event sourcing: making services independent from one another so that they each have their own life cycle
- Containerisation: isolating services at operating system level
- API management: facilitating inter-service communication
- Big Data processing: deploying specialized infrastructures to extract maximum value from all accumulated data.
- This is an opportunity to join a company that is rapidly investing in a modern infrastructure in which to implement these concepts and technologies. The technological leap between past and future systems is a significant one, and the gap between players who have invested in this area and those who have not is growing day by day.
Company Profile :
This firm is a subsidiary of a Brokers Group, based in NYC with office in CT, with a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 120 market centers in 26 countries from a single account. We are the lowest cost provider of brokerage services and the largest U.S. electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing over 800,000 trades per day. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
WHAT DO WE NEED HELP WITH?
Currently looking for front end Java Swing or back end Core Java Engineers or a combination of both.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be part of a team which is responsible for all facets of the software development project’s life cycle. Responsibilities include but not limited to design, code, implementation, testing, reporting, documentation, deployment, and debug operations. The software development team is required to interface with users for requirements gathering and specification.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Bachelor’s in EE, CS, Math, Physics or similar (Masters/Ph.D. a plus).
- Technically oriented, proactive, and enthusiastic, with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to understand complex systems and offer new solutions.
- Minimum of 4 years of Java experience.
- Knowledge of core Java.
- Knowledge of Java Swing and/or strong desire to learn Java Swing.
- English written/verbal communication skills.
- Mobile software development a plus.
Knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
WHO ARE YOU?
You have an engineering mindset—we are not hacking things together or building algorithms in isolation—we build real systems, and we treat software as a craft that we approach with an engineer’s discipline.
You are someone we want to work with—you challenge the status quo and are someone we can learn from. Historically, we have been great at hiring such people, and now they are the cornerstones of Lab49. You will be responsible for building and nurturing this community.
You are someone that is passionate about technology—you follow the industry, you build things on your own, you tinker and hack, you read aplenty and attend meet-ups. You know that the technology landscape changes every few years and you retool continuously.
You have built things, you’ve seen the whole project lifecycle, you have delivered; you’ve seen failure and you’ve learned from it. You have developed the insight that will enable you to lead your team to deliver on time and within budget.