Software Development Engineer, Search (Java / Scala)
As we continues to grow its collection and drive innovation around the search and discovery process, the need for a well-architected and engineered platform that can support innovation is paramount. As a search platform engineer, you will help ensure our search ecosystem continues to scale well and enables us to put innovative search solutions in front of customers and contributors. You will collaborate with both machine learning and deep learning experts from across the search teams and will work closely with the other platform engineers in a team-first agile setting. Prior experience with search is not required – you just need to share our passion for coding, scalable architecture, and solving challenging problems.
- As a Search Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the innovative search platform used to power our best-in-class image and video search engine.
- You will continually strive to improve and simplify the Search Infrastructure and will apply your love of tackling challenging problems to innovate on core search areas such as indexing, query execution, spell checking, auto correction, etc.
- You will design and code massively scalable services to provide a continually improving search experience, and your work will be seen by millions of customers daily.
- 10+ years of development experience (Java / Scala)
- Expert level experience with JVM languages like Java or Scala
- Passionate about writing and maintaining high-quality software that solves real-world meaningful problems at scale.
- Experience writing large scalable applications
- Experience deep diving and solving complex issues in a distributed system.
- Enjoy optimizing system performance of a large distributed system.
- Able to shepherd projects from prototype stage into production
- Fluent in multiple programming languages – both dynamic and static
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig, HBase, Hive or related technologies a plus
- Experience with Solr/ElasticSearch and Lucene a plus.
- Open source experience a plus