Sr. Java Developer Equities Market (ETF)
AVP and VP level Java Developers, 175- 200k Base range
New York City
We are working directly with a senior hiring manager @ Citi, looking to build a new team of Innovative Java or C++ developers with equities background and is currently hiring the key people/engineers to manage/run the group. Great opportunity to get in at the groups ground level
This project is within the Equities Market Making Technology. The main objective of the role is development, re-factoring, and maintenance of server side components for a low latency, high frequency Market Making and Index Arbitrage platform.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of recent experience in low latency electronic trading technology, understanding of market microstructure, market data and exchange connectivity feeds, multi-threading, and high throughput messaging.
This role is within the Equities Market Making Technology organization.
The successful candidate will join a global team of developers on server side.
- Strong involvement into the design and implementation of low-latency electronic trading server components on Linux using java or C++
- Analyse requirements, design, implement, and test the changes
- 2nd level support – guarantee stability the ETF market making platform
- Proactive input into continuous improvements of application/FO systems and processes
Required Skills /Qualifications:
- 5+ years of recent experience in low-latency electronic trading technology, understanding of market microstructure, market data and exchange connectivity feeds, multi-threading, and high throughput messaging
- 10+ years’ experience in Java or C++, multi-threading on Linux or Unix
- Knowledge of equities market microstructure and different order types
- Commitment to long term projects and track record of delivering results.
- Goals, deliveries, client service and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent knowledge of Java or C++, Multithreading, Thread-Pools and Lock-free multi-threaded programming
- Cache and memory access optimizations (C/C++)
- Programming with strong OOP and OOAD skills
- Knowledge of market data and exchange connectivity feeds
- Knowledge and track record in developing real-time low-latency trading applications
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience in high throughput message driven architectures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
Graduate/post graduate with computer degree/math or physics/diploma.
Experience/Understanding of KDB will be a plus
Hands-on experience in Python, Ruby, and Unix scripting is desirable