The Manager of Wintel/Messaging is a critical role in our technology organization with a broad scope in strategy and collaboration. This individual will oversee the Windows server, Virtualization and Messaging environments both for on premise and cloud platforms. They will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, reliability, uptime, and the team who manages these technologies and act as a business partner with other technology teams. A critical component will be to seek out and execute on new technology trends while providing guidance and industry experience to ensure success. The ideal person will have technical acumen, detail orientation, team building and mentoring experience with a systematic approach to planning, deploying and maintaining critical systems.
- Manage and mentor infrastructure engineers, directing their day-to-day activities
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of Windows Operating System, VMware Virtualization, Microsoft Exchange and Cloud Technologies
- Provide technical leadership for operations support of incident escalations for urgent support; Interface with customers when appropriate during events and post-mortem;
- Manage the critical infrastructure to achieve 100% uptime
- Design and implement Technology Operations improvements using ITIL framework and to promote greater efficiency in managing applications;
- Deep knowledge of infrastructure design, storage implementations, virtualization platforms
- Background in properly securing, architecting and backing up enterprise systems
- Experience working with application engineering teams, managing changes to the production environment and supporting systems.
- Participate in disaster recovery testing and business continuity planning sessions
- Ability to manage multiple infrastructure projects, both small and large, simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork through collaborative and open communication
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and meticulous individual, who can adhere to departmental processes and procedures and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through on a high volume of technology work load
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ Years in an Technical Management Role
- 10+ Years’ experience with Microsoft Windows, Vmware, Exchange, and various data Backup Technologies.
- 3+ Years with Cloud Architecture specific to AWS and Azure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good project management skills. PMP and ITSM knowledge and certification a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a non-technical and simplified manner
- Attention to detail and excellent analytic skills
- Well organized and able to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills, able to influence and engender collaboration